Sunday, October 10, 2010

Silent Walk Reprise in New Paltz-Thursday October 14th

As part of the Hudson Valley Artists 2010: Contemporary Art and Praxis, we are so pleased to lead a reprised Silent Walk on Thursday, October 14th, 2010. The walk will begin at the Sojourner Truth parking lot along the Wallkill Rail Trail on Plains Road (P6 on map) at 5:00pm. Carpooling from the Dorsky will be available at 4:45pm. Please join us and bring a friend! Walkers should dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes. We will walk silently along the trail south to the bridge, enjoy the view for a few minutes, and then return to the parking lot to share some refreshment. It will be dusk. Bring a flashlight if you wish. We will have some extras. All walkers participate at their own risk.

2 comments:

  1. The experience at the New Paltz walk made me realize that this is best practiced by local residents. So start your own silent walk! It's about community and place, not me! I have always hoped my project would inspire others to do the same where they live.
    As for me, there may be walks in the woods near my home next year. I'll be sure to post.

    ReplyDelete